The Controversial Decision If Having Or Not Black Wedding Shoes
Like everybody knows and is used to see the bridal image is the purely white one; even the modern brides go on this path, even though adding a spot of color in some parts. But do the wedding shoes have to be included in the same decisional lines?
Asking a traditional bride about her wedding shoes the answer is the expected one: to have the same white view as the dress. Asking a modern bride the answer comes along with the intention to be different and have a colored view at least for the down part, for the shoes. But what if black wedding shoes are the answer? Are you shocked or impressed? Would you dare or be against? With two sides of the story, with pros and cons, the opinions are divided. Put them in balance after consulting the bellow lists.
Pros about black wedding shoes:
- They are elegant in view, a formal style touch so perfect considering the occasion, the event.
- They match with any color and it doesn’t matter if you have a simple white dress, a colored one or even the two options combined.
- Black wedding shoes can be in fact not totally black but in combination with white for example so to make a better matching view with the dress. Plus, the black and white in no matter what way you take it- fort the shoes or for the shoe and the dress- it is the classic view; you won’t fail in mixture.
- If you are the non traditional bride then black wedding shoes are the alternative to the common white.
Cons about black wedding shoes:
- Black is a too dark nuance to be taken in combination with the delicate white. It is too intense, it is a total contrast.
- Considering that the bridal outfit is correlated with purity in its requested white look black comes as opposite in meaning.
- Not only that it is usually taken as symbol for sadness, sobriety but the most unpleasant meaning is the symbol carrying for funerals, for mourning. The wedding day is the supreme happiness and so the black wedding shoes are not the best way to express this.
- If it is to consider the black wedding shoes the option for a bride getting married but without the religious ceremony included so only the civil one then the outfit is no the white, pompous one. Only in this case the shoes are an excellent choice.
It is understandable to want to be a different bride but with black wedding shoes is a too drastic change. Why not a soft color, beige for example?