Run from the “bad guest” label
You were or will be in the same posture of the bride and groom and you expect from others the same respect you want to show at a wedding, to behave well, to act in decent limits. And how to be a great wedding guest? Actually from the very first moment when being invited at this event there is a code of rules with what to do and what not. Firstly of course, to give a response to the wedding invitation and even though you can’t make it to announce and refuse politely.
Besides that it is about the gift part you have to take into account too. Send one before the event, don’t bring one at the reception. Find out about the wedding registry and buy a gift from that list, don’t ignore it. And now it comes the wedding day and how to be a great wedding guest:
- Don’t come with a date if it wasn’t specified in the invitation or you haven’t announced from time. Of course applied in cases of those that aren’t married, in a relationship that everyone knows about.
- Don’t wear white. That’s the bride and maybe even the groom.
- Dress properly for the event. Elegant and according to the wedding style type as it was suggested from the invitation. Anyway, decent!
- Don’t come late, don’t leave the last.
- Appreciate everything around, compliment the bride and groom and give thanks for being invited. Congratulations must not be forgotten as this is the wedding purpose right?
- Don’t exaggerate with drinks.
Too many don’ts maybe but these are things that annoy at a wedding and in the end it is about you respecting yourself and people around firstly as not to ruin the happiest day of the bride and groom.