Don’t horrify your bridesmaids but make a good team
“We totally understand what you’re passing through”…is the classic remark people around make towards the bride to be, but actually we can’t understand until we aren’t in the same position. Though nerves have to be kept under control for your own happiness first. It is a unique experience and you don’t want to shadow it with unnecessary argues and disputes.
From all the people in the wedding the bridesmaids get to suffer more. They should serve you…so you think but let’s not forget that they make a favor to you. How about a top 5 ways to keep your bridesmaids happy?
- Starting with you, realize that they have a life and it isn’t about you and your wedding only. They have to go to work every day, each one with her interests and problems and partially they dedicate their time to you.
- Accept opinions, after their entire job as bridesmaids is to help you not to be robots doing only what you tell them.
- When is time to do something related to bridesmaids too make it all as a fun mission, go out at a meal break to talk about the plan you have, everything friendly and not commanding.
- Find a common ground when it comes about the outfits and even though you pay or rent them count their preferences.
- Don’t forget the magic words “thanks” and “please”, buy them a wedding gift as a reward and keep the friendship level as you don’t need them just for the wedding but as true friends after.
It may sound funny that you need a guide with ways to keep your bridesmaids happy but it’s so easy to forget about such things and put you on first position. I bet they say “I’ll be a bride once too” and you should think the same.